Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The results of the Top 11 things I wanted to see happen in 2007

As posted up a year ago

11) Another old head drops a classic - Jay-Z is technically an old head but American Gangster fell a little short of a classic. Grand Daddy I.U. put out an album this year with production from Marco Polo and Large Professor but I didnt hear it. I doubt it was a classic though.

0 for 1

10) Eminem goes back to being the best in the game - He was nowhere to be found in 2007 except on T.I.'s album, supposedly he's about to come back out though.

0 for 2

9) Talib Kweli makes a believer out of me again - Eardrum was damn good.

1 for 3

8) A new Joe Budden album that was worth the wait - I played Mood Muzik 3 once and I recall liking it, but there was no way it could have lived up to the hype.

1.5 for 4

7) Little Brother gets mainstream success - I love Getback, and I'm glad them boys didnt give up amongst all the adversity they faced. They put out an artistic winner, but industry bullshit kept them beneath where they should be.

1.5 for 5

6) Saigon & Just Blaze to be the 2007 hardcore Gang Starr - Moral of The Story was a great precursor to the album probably dropping this first quarter. Setbacks prevented my wish from coming true.

1.5 for 6

5) Kanye West tops Late Registration - I love Graduation, but no.

1.5 for 7

4) T.I takes his rightful place at Hip-Hop's helm since Jay-Z doesnt care for it anymore. - This was supposed to be the album that took Tip to new levels, his Blueprint if you will. I dug the album, but it fell a little short of his better work.

1.5 for 8

3) Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2 to be better than Swift & Changeable (Ghost & Doom's album) as well as every Raekwon LP since the original -Neither of those albums came out.

1.5 for 9

2) We Got It 4 Cheap Volume 3 - Nope

1.5 for 10

The number one thing I want to see happen in 2007 (drumroll...)

1) Lupe Fiasco listens to Midnight Marauders - *sigh* He was so stubborn that he stuck to his guns on OKP and wound up messing up the words to "Electric Relaxation" on national TV. I know women that dont rap who wouldnt have dropped the ball like that.

1.5 for 11, that's 13.64%

No comments: