Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Support young folks making good Hip-Hop (Part 4)




Artist: Skyzoo

Age: 24 or 25

Sounds like: A Reasonable Doubt era Jay-Z if he hung in front of Fat Beats all day.

Recent Project: Corner Store Classic (mixtape)

Background Information: Skyzoo is a wonder to behold in today’s era of New York street Hip-Hop. He’s braggadocious and he talks tough, but he’s quite lyrical to boot with a mean flow and topic material spanning from the inner conflicts of a drug dealer (“Stop Fooling Yourself”) to the state of our country (“America The Beautiful”). More impressively Skyzoo sets himself apart from his competition by not sounding like a carbon copy of anyone who’s already respected for their craft. Casual listeners would be quick to place him in the “heard it all before” box (as I did when I first heard him on Little Brother’s Separate But Equal mixtape), but his beat selection says his heart is true to the culture. He’s bridged the streets and the underground, spitting fresh gutter talk over production by the likes of 9th Wonder, Nicolay, Khrysis, M-Phazes, Jay Dee, Black Milk and Hi-Tek amongst others. His work ethic in the booth is impeccable and it’s begun to pay off with plenty of industry accolades, let’s hope Skyzoo plays a role in restoring New York’s place at the helm of cultural recognition.

Download your Skyzoo starter kit.

3 comments:

max said...

I've been following the kid Skyzoo for a minute now (early '05), dude is straight fire! Thanks for posting this up. I noticed you got some of the Ghetto Celebrity mixtape trackes on your download. Do you have a full length of the GC mixtape, I've been dying to hear the whole thing. I am willing to pay whatever, I would appreciate if you could hit me up at maxboost211@hotmail.com if you do. Thank you, keep doing what you do! Holla

Me said...

I got you, no need to pay. Thanks for reading

House of Yes said...

i love skyzoo but cannot find Ghetto Celebrity for the life of me. Really dig the blog. can you hit me up at doom1283@yahoo.com if you can send me a link to the mixtape. much appreciated