Monday, September 03, 2007


Revisting The Massacre in preparation for Curtis

I had only played this album once when it came out. The anticipation at the time was too high, it had to be as good as Get Rich or Die Trying or I wasn’t trying to hear it. I spun it once then miscounted it as trash, but in retrospect it’s an extremely solid release. I’ll go as far as to say no songs are weak, it’s a 50 Cent/Aftermath album to the core (Dr. Dre sounding tracks/violence/party records/girl records etc.) In effect this will make me a lot more lenient when listening to the album that’s about to hit stores. The man has two undeniably good albums to his name and it isn’t fair to hold him to the standard of a debut borne from hunger and having a lot to prove. Ridiculous album cover aside, I give this album a @@@@ 1/2. I enjoyed it that much this time around.

No comments: