Friday, July 27, 2007


Camp Lo is officially my favorite group of all time (3 new songs)

ATCQ will always hold the throne as my personal greatest rap group of all time (maybe I’ll do an entry on it soon), but Sonny Cheeba and Geechi Suede are my favorites. The first time I saw the video for “Cooley High” my mind was blown and when “Luchini” came out I knew I was buying Uptown Saturday Night the day it dropped. Cheeba has the voice, Suede has the lyrics and they always combine forces for abstract pieces of soulful wonderment.

If you missed their solid sophomore effort Let’s Do It Again, stop sleeping and go hunt it down. Last year they put out the Fort Apache mixtape (on ITunes I believe) and have recently dropped Black Hollywood. This winter they will be releasing a whole new album Another Heist under Ski Beatz’ company Redefinition Records and if you’ve heard the stellar “Trip For Two” you know it’s going to be crazy.

The 3 songs I’ve put up:
Soul Fever has that John Travolta Saturday Night Fever pointer finger in the air flavor, like Q-Tip said “the beat feels like a never ender”(off of Black Hollywood)

Sweet Claudine is a tale about a black girl lost, listen to the strings. It’s nothing short of beautiful (off of Black Hollywood)

I Couldn’t Care Less could be a club banger, about lost love (off of Fort Apache)

http://www.zshare.net/download/2875041322213d/

Black Hollywood is available now on Traffic Entertainment/Good Hands Records

1 comment:

Aly B. said...

I just discovered them, but yeah I love Camp Lo! Sweet Claudine is a gorgeous love song, my fave on the new album. They're just awesome!!