Friday, April 27, 2007


I'm A Get A Bitch Number Tonight


Long story short: I make these compilations that tell the true story of some point in my life, I give them out to my friends who usually appreciate my song selection etc. I'll expound more in the coming weeks as the hype builds for Soundtrack To A Summer Fling , but this was the unofficial prequel because I never knew at the time that I would do STSF.

It was around Fall of 2005 that I decided to compile hip-hop classics about pulling women, since I was getting back in player mode and the radio just wasnt doing it for me. The title comes from a moment of swaggered up brilliance uttered by the homey Donwill before he starts his verse on Tanya Morgan's "We Be". Since it was his phrase I asked him to host it, basically starting the whole thing off with an intro. After that Labor Day weekend he humbly sent me back a whole intricate story like "let me know what you think" and history was made.

Me on the song selection/sequencing. Don on the skits (I didnt write a word or give any ideas, that's all him) guest appearances by Ilyas, Von Pea, possibly a few Tanya Morgan lady affiliates and Jaye Swigga with the diva in charge-esque freestyle. It's a universally revered project with good times and good music for all.

Enjoy and feel free to leave commentary:
tinyurl.com/2cvrt7

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I put like 5 dudes onto this mixtape.
its moving the movement right now

-Shadow