Sunday, June 15, 2008

Critically Acclaimed Albums I'm Just Now Hearing Part 3



Royal Flush - Ghetto Millionaire

I really have no excuse for never hearing this album, and I'm actually embarrassed now that I have. When it came out I was stuck between Bad Boy/Jay-Z/Capone & Noreaga/Camp Lo/Wu-Tang/Mobb Deep and it slipped under my radar. I was up on "Movin’ On Your Weak Productions", "Iced Out Medallions" and "Worldwide" when they were getting big spin in New York, but that was the extent of my interest. I'm guessing he hails from somewhere around Queensbridge as he speaks the dunn language and sounds like descendant a cousin of Capone.

The album has slight missteps like "Cant Help It" which is doubly cheesy between the jacking the Force MDs "Love Is A House" for the beat and the Michael Jackson interpolation of the song's title on the hook, but there are timeless gems from the likes of Sha Money XL, Hi-Tek, and EZ Elpee.

Download

2 comments:

E.Knight said...

Yeah dude your definitely trippin. This album was crazy back in the day. It's stil lholds up after all these years that's why I tell people that 88 era ain't the golden age of hip-hop, that stuff is bangin but the mid 90's is the music that transformed hip-hop into a global phenomenon. The 95-98 era is the true golden age of hip-hop.

Jamaica/Junction said...

wOw.
yeah glad you caught up.
btw Royal Flush is from Flushing, hence the name.